Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Meet "Miss Moses" in the spring issue of PRIMS!

"Miss Moses" is my tribute to Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad Movement.  The complete article is on pages 82-85 of the spring issue of PRIMS.
My heartfelt thanks to the editorial and photography staff at Stampington & Company for the joy of being published in their spring issue! 
I've include some collage pics of her "journey" from a wooden ball and some paper clay, to an inverted wire container!
The copy of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" is a publication from 1894, out of Philadelphia.  I found it at a local Goodwill Store!  The vintage quilt square has "a story" of its own... all retold in the PRIMS article.  Enjoy and blessings... Daryle

10 comments:

  1. She is so amazing and I love the story she tells, i cannot wait to read more about her and her journey in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her balance between Art and Doll. Looking forward to the story. (When is the issue coming out? I always get mine late.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This is beautiful! And what a tribute to Harriet Tubman, and plus a vintage copy of 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' too! What an amazing assemblage.
    My illustrator brother, Troy Howell, was honored to be able to illustrate a series of books dedicated to humble, famous women several years ago, and one of them was Harriet Tubman.
    My brother has finally put the icing on the cake and has published his own book 'The Dragon of Cripple Creek' He was in New York City,this past Friday and Saturday at the oldest book store in New York 'Books of Wonder' to do a book signing. His book is just being released this week, and I had no idea I was going to be posting that about him, but Harriet Tubman must have rung a bell. (He does have a blog: Troy Howell Studio)
    Blessing to you both!
    I am having an interesting giveaway of sorts on my blog...come have a look...it requires participation but is fun and a 'giving' kind of giveaway.
    Thank you!
    Teresa in Cloth and Clay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great delivery. Solid arguments. Keep up the good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good effort. Keep on writing dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really I appreciate this wonderful post that you have here

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wonderful post that you have here. Great job Man!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great site and a great topic. I'm amazed to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm amazed to read this. It's excellent. Write more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site

    ReplyDelete