Saturday, January 22, 2011

Remember Aesop's Fables? Here's my favorite!

As a child growing up, I loved reading Aesop's fables.  As an adult, one of my favorites is told about a man and a satyr.  It goes like this:  

A man had lost his way in a woods one bitter winter's night. As he was roaming about, a satyr came up to him, and finding that he had lost his way, offered to give him lodging for the night, and guide him out of the dark woods in the morning light. As he went along to the satyr's home, the man raised both his hands to his mouth and kept on blowing at them.  "What do you do that for?" asked the satyr. "My hands are numb with the cold," said the man, "and my breath warms them."  After this they arrived at the satyr's home, and soon the satyr put a bowl of hot soup before him. The man raised his spoon to his mouth, and he began blowing upon it. "And what do you do that for?" inquired the satyr. "The soup is too hot, and my breath will cool it."  With that, the satyr rose from the table and said; "Out you go... for I will have nothing to do with a man who can blow both hot and cold with the same breath."
And the moral of the story is...

No comments:

Post a Comment