Tuesday, January 22, 2013

la Angel...

I inserted hand-painted wooden eyes in the 
head and began sculpting the nose and forehead.
Ears... Cheeks... Chin... and Mouth... still to come!
The head is articulated and able to turn from side to side.
I also sculpted the upper arms using paper clay... 
they are fully articulated with the help of a wooden dowel 
inserted through the upper torso.
The lower forearms will also be articulated 
with either tiny wooden dowels or rusty wire.
I added a hint of color to the wood rope trim on the cage... 
painted it, and then rubbed it off, for that well-worn appearance.

1 comment:

  1. This guy is amazing (as are you as creator)! I love the patina you've given the cage. The articulation of his head and arms is really great. I'm in awe once again!

    ReplyDelete