Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Teaser...

"The Keeper"... is coming along!
Thanks to PicMonkey... http://www.picmonkey.com/ 
I was able to add a bit of "mood" to this pic.
(going for the vintage treasure, found in the attic look)
I have added a layer of paper clay to her head & shoulders,
as well as that skinny little waist and her hips.
I'm using vintage black shoe buttons for the eye forms,
but will probably end up painting them.
She has a nose (to be re-shaped) and still needs a mouth, 
lower eye-lids, and a bit of fullness in her cheeks...

I decided to insert a wooden dowel into the fabric armature
as a "back-up plan" just in case I want to have her arms
dangle from her shoulder sockets.
Thank so much for the encouraging comments! Daryle


  1. I like the arm-ature. (sorry. had to be said.) Can't wait to see her finished...but looking forward to more in-progress pics.

  2. I have to agree with Jan. I'm looking forward to more in-progress pics.