The paper clay is drying... I couldn't resist adding a
bit of blush just to get a sense of what she could look like!
I cut up a piece of vintage millinery netting,
complete with flowers... adding it to the top of the cage.
The corset is a single-ply decorative paper napkin
that I tore in small pieces and applied to the paper clay torso,
with water and a paint brush.
I cut a "seam" around her neck... to get the effect that the head
was added/articulated, like some of the old 17th wooden dolls.
The inset eyes are vintage black shoe buttons.
I'm not sure what I am doing with the wood and wire
jointed arms... but I'm lovin' it!
I will paint her head, arms and hands... apply a crackle finish,
and then distress it to give her a time-worn look.
I incorporated the label that was on the
millinery netting... kinda funky and fun!
This is the part of the creative process that I love the most;
when everything (more or less) falls in place!
She is finally coming all together...
"The Keeper of the Dolls!"