Saturday, June 13, 2020

Out of the Darkness... Into the Light!


Two new mixed-media pieces... in the works.
Both are rather "dark"... at the moment!
(I'm hoping that will change... Ha!)

I'm using lines from two of E.E. Cummings' poems as my muse:

if i have made
a fragile certain song
under the window of your soul
it is not like any songs.
the singers, the others
they have been faithful
to many things which die.


the earth withers, the moon crumbles
one by one, stars flutter into dust.
but the sea does not change
and she goes forth out of hands
and she returns into hands...
the breaking of your soul upon my lips.

These lines make great one word or short phrase "snippets"
for this type of mixed-media piece, that I'm working on.

Words like: faithful, moon, dust, serene, soul...

Phrases like: fragile certain song, window of your soul, the singers,
stars flutter, earth withers...

No comments:

Post a Comment