So... these "Messengers of Hope" finally have a little lower lip!
(Actually... not such "little" lower lips!)
And their birdcage bodies are just about complete...
The wings need some walnut stain and a soft sanding!
Each of these guys will have a rusty metal heart hanging inside
his birdcage; visible through the wire bars.
I also added heavy eyelids so give them a little empathy...
Next... the heads need a base-coat with raw umber or soft black.
Their hats are made from hand-dyed wool felt that we found
in Lancaster County last summer... stamped with some of Katie's
favorite rubber stamp images (mine too!)
Thank you for stopping by... enjoy the remains of the day!