Monday, April 27, 2020

Somerset Studio Article...

I'm thrilled to share with you that two of my mixed-media pieces
are featured in the summer issue of Somerset Studio.


 The article is titled: Poetic Playfulness with Paper Maché...
The six page spread will take you through a step-by-step "how-to"
for creating a poetic mixed-media piece.


Each piece is based upon an e.e. cummings poem...


The summer issue is on sale beginning May 1st...
and is also available online at Stampington & Company.


If you're not familiar with the new format of Somerset Studio
I encourage you to pick up a copy of this wonderful
creative and inspiring hands-on and how-to magazine!
  
Be blessed... Daryle

5 comments:

  1. Loving the color here! So playful and lighthearted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan...Thanks so much for stopping by! I thought the very same thing: a change from my typical "coffee-stained", worn and weathered look... Ha! I trust you are well... I've not seen a recent post on your blog since February... "vacuuming"!

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Loved your work in Somerset Studio! So fun. Can you tell me name and weight of onion paper you use with copier? I see Accent Design paper 50# weight which sounds to thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by; I apologize for this late response to your question. When writing the article for Somerset Studio, I didn't realize at the time how challenging it would be to find the onion skin paper I had used! I used vintage (30+ years old) onion skin paper from my office (thinking it was still readily available). To hopefully remedy this situation, I have ordered from Staples a NEW product: JAM paper translucent vellum 17 lbs. which I will experiment with and repost something here, on my blog. This new product is supposed to arrive within the next week. It sounds very much like the onion skin paper I used with the mixed-media figures... perhaps even better! I hope this will help! Thanks again, for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. UPDATE: Please scroll to the June 12th post for the results of working with BOTH the Vellum and Onion Skin papers...

    ReplyDelete