Sunday, May 10, 2015

"Brother, Where Art Thou?"

Where?
Well... in our gardens, of course!
I just came in with camera in hand... and loads of pics.
Our flower gardens loved the long, hard winter; 
it seems everything has doubled in size since last summer.

Solomon's Seal... 
thriving in the shadow of our backyard maples and cedars.

Star of Bethlehem... everywhere!

Spring has been slow to arrive here in South Jersey.
I have been weeding, turning garden soil, transplanting 
and just enjoying our mild temps and sun-filled days.

Forget-Me-Not... well, the name says it all!

Japanese Painted Fern
From a friend's wooded garden several years ago...
Her husband is now battling Alzheimer's.
They are, like this fern; beautiful, strong and resilient
in their faith and their love for one another!

Prickly Pear Cactus... with fruit and new growth!

Azalea bush... 
These flowers have not been harmed in any way during the
photographic process... (wink!)
What I mean to say is: 
No touch-up or adjusting colors on any of these pics!

Coral Bells... we have about six varieties,
this is the first to open!

Red Rose... from Vermont!
Our youngest daughter, Emily, gave this to Katie twelve years ago
on Mother's Day, when we were still up in Vermont.
We dug it up... put it in the moving van, and brought it down
nine years ago!

Those tight buds... promising that the best is yet to come!

Enjoy... and Happy Mother's Day to all of our Moms!

6 comments:

  1. Incredibly beautiful!! Isn't this the most wonderful time of the year. I would never have thought that Prickly Pear would grow in New Jersey. Sometimes I walk out into the yard and its as if I'm in a dream - how could one little spot be so covered with flowers, green plants and the scent of spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly beautiful!! Isn't this the most wonderful time of the year. I would never have thought that Prickly Pear would grow in New Jersey. Sometimes I walk out into the yard and its as if I'm in a dream - how could one little spot be so covered with flowers, green plants and the scent of spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, I have a Prickly Pear in my flower bed here in PA. Our winter was very harsh and all our plants suffered a little. Mine is not blooming yet. I usually get pretty yellow flowers on mine.

      Delete
  3. Oh my your garden must look so beautiful when in full swing Daryle! You and Katie must love sitting in it surrounded by all that gorgeousness!
    So loving all those little bells, especially Solomon's Seal. Don't think I've seen those before.
    Hope Katie had a lovely day on Sunday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures Daryle, your garden is bursting with life and colour! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are beautiful and the photos are gorgeous. Sounds like you have a Biblical garden. I love close-up photos of flowers. Thanks for sharing. Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete