Have you ever had "one of those weeks"...
that too quickly turned into "one of those months"?
I found some time today to finally apply a coat of paper clay
over the duck cloth fabric armature!
I did manage (two weeks ago) to stain and add several more
decorative features to the wooden cage.
The arms are articulated... jointed at the shoulders,
elbows and wrists. I will apply paper clay to them,
and add fingers eventually. I hope to work on her face
this weekend. Those are German bead eyes in the sockets.
I have cut out a metal mesh Victorian corset, using an
old window screen... it is soaking in a vinegar and bleach solution,
to give it a worn, rusty patina. The plan is to hand stitch the
parts of the corset together, add some dribbles of paint
and give it that "old world" appearance... a vintage "find" from
another time and place. Blessings... Daryle